Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fun Monday

I'm a joiner...

Alison: "Our wonderful hostess this week is Nikki. Her assignment is the following:
1.) I don't know about you, but my family is great at creating strange words that only we know the meaning. Some were created when the kids were first learning to talk, others came about when our tongues were twisted and the word came out funny. Either way, the words stuck and we still use them in our daily conversations. What created words does your family use?! Please share the story behind the word if you remember. If you don't have a made up word then tell us about the unspoken way you communicate with someone. Do you and your significant other have a look that means "This party is boring, lets split" or do you have a look that your kids know means their butt is in serious trouble? Please share!! And a picture of the look would be very entertaining!OR/AND2.) In honor of St. Paddy's Day, please share your worst green beer story!"


My fiance, Mike, has a tendency to put the word "air" behind many words that he uses, randomly throughout the day. Words like: "whatup" and "later" become "Whatup-air" and "latair". He is so hooked on his new phonics, that all of his friends call him, Mike-aire. You don't have to be crazy to love me, but apparently it helps!

WARNING

Now, for the not-so-PG13. When I get very, VERY angry, I tend to get an interesting version of terrets. I make up terrible words like "fucktard" and "skeezebag". However, the worst word I ever compiled was made up in jest. In high school, my friends and I would call each other mean words to practice saying them for when we really needed to hit some evil girl hard. We didn't know it at the time, but it's the best explanation I can come up with for why we would call each other such names. So, one daym hit with a good one, I came back with, "cum sucking gutter slut". No pause. Just ... blat. And that became our new official insult. The one time I did get the opportunity to use it for real, I saw tears. So, what kind of person does this make me?

Hmm, I wonder.

1 comment:

Alison said...

yea...welcome to fun monday...head over to swampy's nest to sign up for next week.. here is her address..http://anecdotes.typepad.com/
then...post your post on Monday and try to visit and comment on as many participants as you can. I found most of my bloggy friends from fun mondays..